Friday, May 25, 2007

Story 16 - Parents who delay payment?

Sometimes, we often encounter cases where tutors get dismissed after the first lessons. Some are sacked because they performed under expectation while some were rejected because there was a lack of communication between the tutor and the parents/student. Whatever the reason, in most scenarios, the tuition coordinator would embark on the search for a replacement tutor.

Logically, till the time you find a replacement tutor, the parent would usually owe the tuition fees for the previous tutor unless they had paid right on the spot. Some parents are really nice and pay off immediately as they understand we have to answer to the tutors. However, some would be less sensitive and delay till the tutor starts chasing the debt.

It could have been past 1 or 2 months and the parents not yet settled the tuition fees. Thus, the tutors start coming to the tuition coordinators and the coordinators had no choice but to remind the parents of the unpaid tuition fees.

To avoid trouble, some pay up immediately while some continue to delay till the tutor was impatient and went up to the parents directly, bypassing the tuition coordinators. As a result, the tuition coordinator was badly reprimanded by the parents and the parents boycott the tuition coordinator since then.

I am pretty sure, quite a number of tuition coordinators haev encountered such problems before. What I can comment is that, perhaps the part where we did wrong would be forgetting to constantly remind the parents or to hold back the tutor. Otherwise, I find that we are pretty innocent to bear all the blame. So tuition coordinators out there, do take note if there are any pending tuition fees unsettled. If there are, resolve the issue as soon as possible before trouble brews. Good luck to all and persevere till the end!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Red,

Fantastic blog. I came across it by accident and I think its great that someone came up with a blog for tuition coordinators. I, myself, have recently became one and found that that job is not as easy as its seems. Reading some of your post scares me alittle, but hopefully I'll do well in this job. Any advises? Anyways, I hope you'll have a great day. Keep posting, I'll come by and comment once in a while =)

Julia

Matthew said...

Hi

I am looking into having a part time job and being a tution coordinator interest me.
Any good agency to recommend?

Matt

soup said...

Hi Red,

I have a website cum blog about the tuition industry as a whole. I have read your blog and I think it is pretty interesting. Can I suggest a link exchange?

If you would like to know more, you can email me at kennethtang[at]nexttutor.com

Thank you!

Happy Pie said...

Hi Red,

I'm looking for a job. Chance upon your blog and was wondering if i could do this at home instead of going back to work outside. My only worry is the pay coz i'm a mother of 2. If it's ok with you, may i know how's the pay like? How does the agency pay you? What's the comm like? Appreciate your reply via email- happypie@gmail.com, so that i can make a better decision.
THanks in advance.:)

Happy

Anonymous said...

hi Red, wonderful blog this is, so many problems about being a coordinator. I just became one and was wondering how to find clients and students. Anyway, if you have more students than tutors, do let me know and we can share the comm. You can find me at zanelamtzyysin yahoocomsg

Unknown said...

hey red, i have come across ur blog when i search tuition coordinator..

I am looking into a part time coodinator. And i wonder if you have any lobang can you notice me..

if yes, contact me at catty.goh@gmail.com

hometutors.sg said...

Like all industries, every job has its pros and cons. Hometutors.sg engaged many tuition coordinators or tuition associates as well. Fortunately most of them are hardworking and committed. And their efforts pay off when they received their remuneration :)

Juicy Melanin said...

HEY ARE YOU STILL THERE?? just came across your blog by accident and i think it's really good so i hope you will continue to update please!! :)))(your last post was 2007!! :(()

Unknown said...

http://www.sciencetuitiontutor.com said:
Parents deducted $ from the tutor's pay, that is, 50% as commission for Agency. In another word, the Tutor is paying the commission for finding a job. This service to Parent is FREE. In fact, most parents are very happy because of Free Service by Agency.
Late payment for one months after four weeks; a Fee is inposed: $5 for late payment. Always stated in the Invoice. Think!!

hometutors.sg said...

Many were asking if it works. Well just look at the number of tuition agencies and tuition centers around you. It should work isn't it :)

Lynn Chia said...

Hi Red, I really would like to know more about this job, your experience and other details. Do u think u can get back to me: fralyn99@gmail.com

Unknown said...

tuition coordination is hard for me. though i tried to advertise online, among work colleges and through posters, i still do not receive any response! can you offer me some tips