Monday, April 30, 2007

Story 15 - Tutors or parents who delay your time?

Dear tuition coordinators, have you ever felt that there will always be tutors or parents who tend to waste your time? For me, I have often felt so. On advertisement days, I will often receive two types of calls. One would be to enquire about the hiring of private tutors and the other would request us to search for a private tutor.

For the latter, I would get the necessary details and embark on the search of a suitable candidate and after some time, get back to the parent. Out of which, there is only 50% chances that I will actually close the deal successfully. Here are a few reasons why:

1) Other agencies provide better tutors or tutors who charge lesser.
2) The parents decided not to get a tutor after much consideration like time arranging and costs.
3) The students do not have the parents' permission to hire the tutor.

I believe the above scenario is familiar to many and it does not feel nice when you go all out and face rejection in the end. On the other hand, there are tutors who tend to take up your time when they keep questioning about an assignment then decide not to take it.

Frustrating as it is, let us learn the skill of tolerance as we continue in this career path. All the best to fellow tuition coordinators and hang in there. Continue to give in your best so as not to let yourself down.

3 comments:

themishmashmess said...

Hi Red,
I'm a full time tutor and I have been thinking of being a tuition coordinator as many parents have come forward to me for help and I am unable to do so due to work commitments. Your blog is fantastic but it's kind of scary. I'm a little hesitant about being a coordinator as I'm afraid that it'd be money down the drain. Some agnecies require a minimum of 3 mths subscription! added onto this cost is the advertising materials one will need to invest in. Is it really worthwhile as such? Please share with me your views. Thanks

hometutors.sg said...

Well if you never try, you would never know. I would say it works for 9 out of 10 of the coordinators who joined us. If not there wouldnt be so many tuition agencies in Singapore.

Unknown said...

Its really helpfull.., thanks for sharing this.

Papa jobs Providing latest information about Current affairs, Bank Recruitment, Government jobs, Bank jobs, IT jobs., check this link Job Notifications i hope this is very use full to you and all the very best Guys.