Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Story 13 - A gentle reminder for tutors

When I first started out as a tuition coordinator, I kept hoping for an assignment to come soon. When the first one finally came, the next thing to do was to find a suitable tutor to send down for lessons. Soon, I received a few more assignments and it was at that time when a problem cropped up.

One of my tutors who was supposed to have tuition on a particular day, did not turn up at all for tuition. Of course, the parent was boiling mad because the tutor did not make a single call to explain himself. It was only when I called up the tutor that I realised, he had gotten the tuition day wrong.

Since then, there had been a few more similar cases, only that the tutors got the timing wrong. In fact, there were some who went to the wrong place because they got confused which parent was which. It then struck me that there had to be something done and it had to be done- fast. Thus, I decided to send gentle reminders to tutors to ensure that they can go down for lessons smoothly.

Initially, some were negative because they felt we thought they were forgetful. However, it was no harm to send out a gentle reminder and so I did not take their comments to heart. Luckily, majority of the tutors appreciate our reminders for there were some really forgetful ones. It certainly feel good when the tutors actually thank you for those simple reminders.

So for tuition coordinators out there, do send reminders to tutors regarding their tuition lessons, for it will benefit yourselves and the rest.

6 comments:

Miss Loi said...

Once, just once, in my life that I ever got the wrong date! That was a long time ago and my agency didn't send me any reminder.

So I think it's very nice of you to send us tutors reminders, as the chances of mis-cue is very high esp during exam times when our schedule gets more and more packed :)

hometutors.sg said...

Well one should be independent and organized. And not to reply on others. Reminders from coordinators is a plus not a must. After tutor is already an adult.

Apartments in Chennai said...

Our Chennai Flat constructions include affordable budget houses to suit everyone’s need. flat builders chennai

ahtay said...

Wah still alive anot this blog? btw i sign up as a tuition coordinator frm trust tuition agency. So far so good manage to get some referral fees and some students via newspaper marketing. No doubt this is nt easy need to put in effort for results.

Unknown said...

How is the job and how much u earnearn?

Unknown said...

How is the job and how much u earnearn?