Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Story 11 - When a tuition coordinator falls ill

As we all know, tuition coordinators are also human beings and there will definitely be times when they fall ill. Have you wondered, what exactly happens when these coordinators take leave? Curious? Then, allow me to share with you my experience for the past few days.

For these two days, I took medical leave as I was still sick from fever and cold. During these two days, there were incidents which took place that delighted me while there were also some which darkened my day.

What made me upset was a parent calling to complain about a tutor not turning up for lesson. I expressed my apologies and listened on as the parent proceeded to talk about the tuition fees. At that point of time, I was feeling rather absurd because the parent did not clearly explain who she was. Eventually, I actually had to flip through my data before I realised whom she was. Well, perhaps you might call it the grumpiness of a patient but I guess we have to sympathise the tuition coordinators at times as well. Especially when they cannot get a good rest because of a case cropping up.

On the other hand, there was a parent who truly touched me by the concern she expressed. Due to some reason, her tutor had to be replaced urgently and thus, she came looking for me. However, upon learning that I was sick, she rushed me off to rest immediately and told me to put the search for tutor on hold. How kind of her! Honestly, she could have gone off to another agency but she chose to wait for her tuition coordinator to recover and service her. It really touched me and I was so grateful that I went finding the replacement tutor despite being sick. The power of gratitude!

Lesson of the day: Appreciate others for their efforts put in whatever they are doing and you will receive the best service in return.

4 comments:

hometutors.sg said...

Its one of the worst thing that can happened. Ie no work = no income for the coordinators. However the best thing of a independent coordinator is that he/she can take leave or off when she free so.

willsonjjones said...

We are much concerned about the quality. The products are made in the most hygienic way. We are making the QC inspection for each and every plate as part of the production. We deal with both Domestic and international market. Different quality standards are being followed based on the markets (Domestic and international).



Areca plates
Leaf plate machine
Eco friendly plates

XueQi said...

hi there, can i know which tuition agency you signed up with?

Unknown said...

http://www.stanfordtuition.com said:
Everyone will get sick one day, therefore medical leave for you to rest & recover.
It is important to build co-broking relationship with other Agency. I were on holiday in Europe for 14 days and I have 15 cases closed by my co-broker. She also take my office phone call because I forwarded to her phone. On holiday & still closing cases. Think!!